WE INVITE YOU TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS YEAR'S FALL CSA SHARE!!!
2021 CSA Subscriber-Grower Agreement
Bag size: Half Share (2+ people), Full Share (4+ people)
Price: Half Share - $160, Full Share -$250
Dates: Oct. 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th, Nov. 2rd, 9th, 16th
- Each subscriber will receive a bag of produce weekly beginning early October until mid November (7 weeks). The assortment of vegetables will include kale, cabbage, broccoli, kohlrabi, lettuce, spinach, sweet potatoes, winter squash, turnips, Chinese cabbage, pac choi, swiss chard, collards, sweet peppers, salanova lettuce mix, and salad mix (arugula and mixed Asian greens).
- Subscribers receive either a full or half share. A full share is on average a good amount for a household of 4 or more persons. A half share will serve an average a household of 1 or 2 persons.
- Produce is grown in accordance with good ecological management practice, by the use of compost and natural soil amendments for fertilization, cover crops, natural pest control and crop rotation. Dayspring farmers regard building a healthy soil as the foundation for responsible, sustainable agriculture.
- Subscribers agree to pay either $250 for a full share or $160 for a half share. Entire payment is made at the time of registration
- Deliveries are made at designated distribution locations in the Williamsburg, Toano, Yorktown, Newport News, Gloucester, and Topping. Subscribers who live near the farm or are outside the distribution area may pick up their produce at the farm.
- Subscribers are responsible for picking up their produce regularly. The subscriber will notify the farmers at least a week in advance if s/he is going to be away and will not be picking up produce. Subscribers are encouraged to find substitutes (friends, neighbors, family, etc.) to get that week’s share. If the farmers are not notified and the pick up is not made, the produce will be donated.
- Dayspring Farm maintains an open farm policy, and subscribers are welcome to visit the farm and see how their food is grown.
- Dayspring farmers are active in local and regional associations with other organic and sustainable growers including the Virginia Association for Biological Farming.
*Please note that if you pay online with credit card there is a 3% processing fee